The Farmbot Web App is a cloud based web service that performs the following functions:
- Farm Designer - Drag and drop interface for farm/garden design
- Farm Events - Scheduling of recurring sequences of events (irrigation, seeding, etc...)
- Controls - Real time manual control of a FarmBot from a web browser
- Device - Storage of device info and calibration settings
- Sequences - Creation of sequences of commands
- Regimens - Creation of regimens (plant-age-based scheduling of sequences)
- Tools - Management of FarmBot's Tools and Tool Slots
- Farmware - Photos and Weed Detection
- Logs - View and filter FarmBot OS log messages
- Coming soon: crop and sensor data storage and management
At your service
We offer a hosted service of the web app at my.farm.bot. We recommend that most people use this because it is convenient, affordable, and always up-to-date with the latest features and security.
In case you want to run the application on your own servers, we show you how to do that as well near the bottom of this page.
Help improve the web app
Submit feature requests, bugs, and code for the web app on GitHub.
- Go to my.farm.bot
- Enter an email, name, and password in the Create an Account section
- Check your email and follow the link to confirm your account
Can you hear me now?
The web application should now be in communication with your FarmBot. You should see some bootup logs streaming into the status ticker, and FarmBot should respond to any commands you send it. If there are any problems, see the Configurator Troubleshooting Tips.
The recommended workflow for using the web app is:
- Add plants in the Farm Designer: my.farm.bot/app/designer/plants
- Add Tools: my.farm.bot/app/tools
- Create Sequences for using those tools: my.farm.bot/app/sequences
- Create Regimens to repeat sequences at specific times in the days of a plant's life: my.farm.bot/app/regimens
- Schedule Farm Events to execute Regimens (or sequences): my.farm.bot/app/designer/farm_events
- Watch your FarmBot work! my.farm.bot/app/controls (Also my.farm.bot/app/designer)
For advanced users only
The instructions below are intended for expert users and software developers who wish to run the FarmBot Web App on their own servers. This may be useful for enterprise or off-grid intranet solutions. Nontechnical users are encouraged to use the hosted service at my.farm.bot.
Please see the official README for the web app source code here.